Did you receive OTP Text from Amazon when you weren’t even trying to log into your account? Beware! someone is trying to gain access to your Amazon account.
Yearly, lots of people fall prey to unauthorized login from scammers trying to get hold of their Amazon accounts. Read this review to find out how this scam works, and how to avoid it.
Amazon OTP Text – What is It?
Amazon OTP which stands for one-time password is part of Amazons two-step verification. It was introduced as an additional security layer. You might see it when trying to log into your account or when you purchase particular types of products. It is a random number generated by Amazon which is sent to your registered phone number or email address.
Amazon OTP Text Scam – How Does This Scam Work?
The text message is not from a reliable source. It is sent by scammers who are trying to gain Access to your Amazon account. If the text message contains a link, don’t click it. Amazon 2SV/OTP text messages don’t include links, just the code. Meanwhile, the following tips are how to protect yourself from the scam –
- Change your Amazon password (change it to something unique and hard to guess).
- Change your login information for any other accounts that share the same password.
- Don’t Click on the link embedded in the text message
Received Amazon OTP Text Scam ? Do The Following!
You should delete the text message immediately as it is obviously a phishing scam. Meanwhile, do not forget to inform your family and friends. Please they should not click on the link if and when they receive such message.
- Scholar is a scam detector whose contents pinpoint the numerous drawbacks of fraudulent websites. She spends her free time reading books.
- ONLINE STORE SCAM2022.11.26Amazesingle.com Reviews: Scam Or Legit Store To Buy Items From?
- ONLINE STORE SCAM2022.11.26Myfancywear.com Reviews: Scam Or Legit Store To Buy Items From?
- ONLINE STORE SCAM2022.11.26Quickshopiie.com Reviews: Scam Or Legit Store?
- ONLINE STORE SCAM2022.11.26Rtwentyheno.com Reviews: Is This Clothing Store Legit?