Searching for Macolas reviews? Wondering if the $39 mini excavator is real or fake? Read this review to find out why Macolas.com is not a legit store to buy mini excavators.
According to FTC, online shopping and fake reviews is the second most reported fraud category in 2021. As a result of this, we have taken the responsibility of reviewing products, stores, websites etc. for our reader’s financial safety.
What is macolas.com Website?
Macolas is currently the rave of the internet because of its $39.99 mini excavator which is been advertised on Facebook.
Sadly, macolas.com is not a genuine online store. During our investigations we discovered the following drawbacks –
- The store fails to provide a business address. This is quite odd. Genuine online businesses always make their physical location available to the public.
- macolas.com was registered on 8th November 2021 as can be seen here. This shows the store lacks credibility. It has only been operating for few weeks.
- The real price of the mini excavators is $100+, and it is available on Amazon. It is called ‘KOLEGEND REMOTE CONTROL EXCAVATOR TOY’
BUY KOLEGEND REMOTE CONTROL EXCAVATOR TOY ON AMAZON
Other Reasons why you shouldn’t shop from Macolas.com :
Customers who shopped from this store were shocked to receive a very small excavator toy which was many sizes smaller than what was advertised by Macolas. When they tried contacting the store through the mail ‘[email protected]’, there was no response.
Shady Refund Policy
This store’s refund policy is just a sham. In the real sense there’s no way to contact the store for a refund. The only way you can get your money back is by making a complaint to your credit card company.
Is Macolas Legit?
From the crucial points noted above, macolas.com clearly lacks legitimacy. The website uses unbelievable discount to attract customers on Facebook, then defraud them by sending a cheap imitation. An obvious case of bait and switch scam.
macolas.com is not an authentic online store to shop from. It has a poor trust score and as such not recommended by us. Customers who shop from this store would either receive a different cheap item or nothing at all.
Have you been scammed?- Do This
Shopping from this store exposes customers to the risk of hacked credit card and overcharged fees. Also, customers would either receive an inferior item, a different cheaper item, or nothing at all.
Therefore, it is advised to file complaints to your bank and request for a new credit (debit) card. On the other hand, if you used Paypal as a method of payment, you should document (screenshot) the transactions for future purposes.
Yes, it is true that online shopping has made life easier, however when ordering things online check out the following-
How old is the website? Does it provide return address? Are there customer reviews online? Do the social media icons work?
Always remember you can get the items from trusted sellers on Amazon, like the ones provided above. One of the advantages of shopping from amazon is the return policy. If you are not happy with your order, you can always return your items and get your money back.
- Wendy is a fraud fighter whose contents mainly target online scams. Her investigations have appeared on Itisreviewed,and elsewhere. She spends her free time reading novels, binging on Netflix, and listening to hip-hop.
- SCAMS2022.11.228055198860 Online Banking Alert Text: Why It’s a Scam
- ONLINE STORE REVIEWS2022.11.21Hesdca Reviews: Is Hesdca Amazon Pallet a Scam? Honest Review & Warning!
- ONLINE STORE REVIEWS2022.11.20Is Fabluarant a Scam Store? Honest Review & Warnings
- SCAMS2022.11.20Aldi £50 Voucher For Facebook Share Scam 2022: Busted! Beware!