A new kind of scam has been making waves. Text message from an unknown number with a picture of an semi nude girl. Then followed by a text ‘Wrong number’.
This scam is becoming popular and lots of people have complained of receiving this text message from unknown numbers. So how does this scam work?
How Does this Scam Work?
From our investigations, and that of Wmar2news, the text message is sent by scammers whose aim is to make you visit phishing websites. They do this by using bots to flirt with potential victims. After chatting with you for sometime they’ll send you a link to an adult content website.
This is where the scam comes in.
When you click on the link, you’d be asked for your personal and credit card information all in the name of having access to lots of pornographic contents. However, when you submit your credit card details, you’ll receive unauthorized debit alerts. This is because the scammers have gotten access to your passwords, and credit card details.
Received a Semi Nude Girl Picture from an Unknown Number? Do The Following!
You should delete the text message immediately as it is obviously a phishing scam. Meanwhile, do not forget to inform your family and friends. Please they should not click on the link if and when they receive such message.
Also, you can report scams, untrustworthy websites and tell us why you consider the websites fraudulent. See similar phishing scam; Wal Tracking Scam, Delware BPO Scam, Publix 90TH Anniversary, etc.
- Wendy is a fraud fighter whose contents mainly target online scams. Her investigations have appeared on Itisreviewed,and elsewhere. She spends her free time reading novels, binging on Netflix, and listening to hip-hop.
- ONLINE STORE REVIEWS2023.03.20Frontwashca.com Review: Scam Amazon Global Pallet Store!
- ONLINE STORE SCAM2023.03.20Reveous.com Reviews: Legit Macy’s Store or Scam?
- ONLINE STORE REVIEWS2023.03.20Snacks.com Reviews (2023) Is It A Scam? Find Out!
- ONLINE STORE SCAM2023.03.20Patever.store Reviews: Not A Legit Store! Buyers Beware!