There is an ongoing One-Ring or Missed Call scam calls from Lesotho Scam Calls From Area Code 266 area code telephone numbers, ringing their potential victims’ phones once, and then hanging up. Beware! It’s a scam.
Potential victims receive a missed call on their phones. If they call the number back they will be re-routed to a premium rate number overseas and will be subsequently charged for the expensive call.
Lesotho Scam Calls From Area Code 266 – How does This Scam work?
It is a fraudulent call placed by scammers who intend to defraud you. The scammers are making One-Ring or Missed Call scam calls from Lesotho 266 area code telephone numbers, ringing their potential victims’ phones once, and then hanging up. One such telephone number is +266 611 096 55. One-Ring or Missed Scam call is a telephone scam where criminals trick potential victims into calling premium-rate numbers. The money collected via the premium pay-per-minute services will be paid over to the scammers unless the scam is detected and shut down by the callers’ telephone service provider. Beware!
How To Identify Lesotho Scam Calls From Area Code 266:
- The call takes place at night or during working hours. This is because the recipients is likely not be available to answer.
- The caller’s telephone number displays an unusual international country code so that recipients will consider it important.
- Such calls only ring once.
How To Avoid Lesotho Scam Calls:
- Ignore any unexpected missed call from an international number you don’t recognize
- Block any unknown number that you receive call from repeatedly
- Consider blocking international calls on mobiles used by children. This prevents a child from accidentally calling an international number themselves.
- When dealing with uninvited contacts from people or businesses, whether it’s over the phone, by mail, fax, email, in person or on a social networking site, always consider the possibility that the approach may be a scam.
- Spread the word to your friends and family to protect them
From the indications, Lesotho Scam Calls From Area Code 266 – One-Ring or Missed Call is a scam. If you have a missed call from an unknown number, don’t call back. If you receive several such calls, follow the above listed steps or report it to you phone service provider.
Also, you can report scams, untrustworthy websites and tell us why you consider the websites fraudulent. See similar phishing scam; SharpUSPS scam text, Wal Tracking Scam, Delware BPO Scam, Publix 90TH Anniversary, etc. d