Have you received an email that claims your personal membership with Geek Squad will expire today. The membership will be Auto renewed? Beware! It is a scam. It is not from the real Geek Squad ( a subsidiary of American and Canadian multinational consumer electronics corporation Best Buy.
Currently, more than two thousand people have complained of receiving Geek Squad Auto Subscription Email. It goes like this;
Just wanted to let you know that the subscription has been renewed automatically with 800 USD. You can change your personal information, payment details given in the membership page, even you can uncheck the auto-renew account settings from the same page.
Product: GS Services – Annual Payment
Payment Method: Auto Debit
Timeline: 12 months
Invoice Total: 765 USD for computer
This service comes without any obligation, you can call and cancel within 24 hrs and you have the rights to claim refund.
Christopher B Grogan
If you have questions or concerns. Call us.
The aim of this email is to trick people into calling the fake Geek Squad helpline numbers. So far the following numbers have been used –
- (888) 880-5019.
How do You Know It’s a Scam?
Secondly, when we tried contacting the telephone numbers, the receiver was lacking proper English, and kept demanding for money.
What Should You Do If You Receive Spam Emails Like This
No matter how convincing it make sound, we advise you not to call the number or click the link, or attempt to send a message to the number. This is because once you do so, they would find a way to convince you to send money or your personal information.
If you were tricked by the scam, please contact your bank for help.
Don’t forget to forward suspicious, malicious, or phishing email messages to us Here. Also, you can report scams, untrustworthy websites and tell us why you consider the websites fraudulent. See similar phishing scam; Wal Tracking Scam, Delware BPO Scam, Publix 90TH Anniversary, etc.
- Wendy is a fraud fighter whose contents mainly target online scams. Her investigations have appeared on Itisreviewed,and elsewhere. She spends her free time reading novels, binging on Netflix, and listening to hip-hop.
- SCAMS2023.02.03Cashtab.info Review: Is It A Scam or Can You Really Make $500 From Surveys?
- SCAMS2023.02.01Showtaggers.com Netflix Video Tagger Job: Why it’s a Scam
- PRODUCT REVIEW2023.01.26Steemselfe Green Tea Mask Reviews: Is It a Scam? DON’T Buy Before Reading This!
- SCAMS2023.01.26Joe & Jess Thwaite Mega Millions Donation Jackpot Scam Email 2023: Beware!