Did you receive Geek Squad Subscription scam text claiming to be from Geek Squad asking you to call 1(972)666-4241? The email claims that Greek Squad has automatically renewed the Geek Total Protection subscription. It claims that $499.99 have been charged for the services. Beware! It is a scam.
Lots of people have received this Scam text message from Geek Sqaud. It actually contains a link to a malicious website.
Geek Squad Subscription Scam Text 2022- How Does This Scam work?
Geek Squad Scam text is fraudulent text sent by scammers to get your personal and financial information with the ulterior motive to defraud you. The email claims that Greek Squad has automatically renewed the Geek Total Protection subscription. It claims that $499.99 have been charged for the services. It also contains a fake invoice number, renewal date, and service name. Do not be deceived. It is all Scam!
Clicking on the link exposes you to viruses, spywares, malwares, which are harmful to devices and can hack and destroy your mobile phone.
Geek Squad Scams And How To Identify Them:
- Geek Squad subscription auto-renewal texts or emails
- Phishing emails pressuring you to download fake antivirus software
- Geek squad tech support phone call scams
- Browser pop-ups claiming your device is infected with viruses
- Fake “BestBuy.com” password reset scams
- Accidental refund or overpayment scams
- Phony and worthless “protection” service plan offers
Received Geek Squad Scam Text? Do The Following!
You should delete the text message immediately as it is obviously a phishing scam. Meanwhile, do not forget to inform your family and friends. Please they should not click on the link if and when they receive such message.