Do you want to buy EcoMax fuel saver this March 2022? Don’t do so yet! A lot of things don’t add up about this product and company marketing it.
According to FTC, online shopping and negative reviews is the second most reported fraud category in 2021. As a result of this, we have taken the responsibility of reviewing products, stores, websites etc. for our reader’s financial safety.
Our Review of Ecomax serves as an eyeopener. We hope it meets you well, and on time.
Eco Max: Legit Gas Saver or Scam?
ecomaxfuel.com claims the gadget will reduce fuel consumption of 15% – 30%. However, from our findings the claim is totally false. See the inconsistencies observed below –
- It is just a piece of junk that we’ve seen recycled many times. As of 2017 this same product entered the market. It was ‘Ecofuel’, and similar to Ecomax it didn’t do zilch.
- What these sites do is buy hundreds (if not thousands) of generic OBD2 fuel savers from China for $3 a piece (or less,) design their own packaging, and re-sell it to you for $40 a piece.
- Although they’re sold under different names, with unique packaging and have fancy websites, these OBD2 fuel savers are all scams and should be avoided at all costs. See Ecotune and EcoBox.
Eco Max doesn’t affect fuel consumption in any way. Let’s be realistic – it was only made for profits. It is simply a magnet that you fasten to your fuel line. This chip doesn’t re-align the molecular structure of the fuel before it reaches the fuel injectors. It is just an expensive LED flasher.
Does Eco OBD2 Really Reduce Fuel Consumption?
Ignore the positive reviews online, OBD2 units do not work. When we opened and dissected EcoMax Plug & Drive OBD2 unit, we discovered it is just a junk. First of all, it doesn’t have any drive for CAM.
Secondly, the unit DO NOT have any connection to OBD communication. Only what is connected is Power for the flasher to flash. In order to do what these companies claim, you would have to redesign the car. The major parts of how much fuel any car uses are: vehicle weight, tire size, rolling resistance, friction in moving parts, number of moving parts in the driveline, etc. There is nothing plug and play that can alter these basic factors.
If you’re thinking of reducing fuel consumption, Energy.GOV has a list of helpful fuel-saving tips including combining trips, stripping your car of unnecessary weight, keeping your car in tip-top shape, and how to avoid aggressive driving.
By themselves, each tip might not seem like a lot but, combined over time, the fuel-savings make a difference.
- Wendy is a fraud fighter whose contents mainly target online scams. Her investigations have appeared on Itisreviewed,and elsewhere. She spends her free time reading novels, binging on Netflix, and listening to hip-hop.
- PRODUCT REVIEW2023.03.30Wattsave Reviews: Legit Energy Saver or Pure Scam? Find Out!
- REVIEWS2023.03.28Green Arrow Loans Reviews (2023) Pros & Cons Exposed!
- PRODUCT REVIEW2023.03.26Orthosparkle Toothbrush Review: Scam or Dentist Approved?
- ONLINE STORE SCAM2023.03.26Swethey.com Reviews: Scam Swethey Store Exposed!
This fuel saving scam has been going on since the 90s with different magical devices. Once they get discovered as a fraud they just wait 7 or 8 years until a new crop of car owners arrive then they rebrand and start scamming again. They like to use the Harvard student or NASA scientists designed it scenario, it is really laughable.
Thanks for this eye opener. I always read your reviews for these products before I attempt to buy them. This one seemed too good to be true. Thanks for educating the general public. Keep up the good work.