Does Ecodriver chip really reduce fuel consumption? Can you save gas costs by using this fuel saver device? see what our expert has to say.
According to FTC, online shopping and negative reviews is the second most reported fraud category in 2021. As a result of this, we have taken the responsibility of reviewing products, stores, websites etc. for our reader’s financial safety.
Our Review serves as an eyeopener. We hope it meets you well, and on time.
Ecodriver: Legit Gas Saver or Scam?
getecodriver.com claims the gadget will reduce fuel consumption of 15% – 30%. However, from our findings the claim is totally false. See the inconsistencies observed below –
- It is just a piece of junk that we’ve seen recycled many times. As of 2017 this same product entered the market. It was ‘Ecofuel’, and similar to Ecodriver it didn’t do zilch.
- What these sites do is buy hundreds (if not thousands) of generic OBD2 fuel savers from China for $3 a piece (or less,) design their own packaging, and re-sell it to you for $40 a piece.
- Although they’re sold under different names, with unique packaging and have fancy websites, these OBD2 fuel savers are all scams and should be avoided at all costs. See Ecotune and EcoBox.
Ecodriver doesn’t affect fuel consumption in any way. Let’s be realistic – it was only made for profits. It is simply a magnet that you fasten to your fuel line. This chip doesn’t re-align the molecular structure of the fuel before it reaches the fuel injectors. It is just an expensive LED flasher.
Does It Really Reduce Fuel Consumption?
Ignore the positive reviews online, Ecodriver chip does not work. When we opened and dissected it, we discovered it is just a junk. First of all, it doesn’t have any drive for CAM.
Secondly, the unit DO NOT have any connection to OBD communication. Only what is connected is Power for the flasher to flash. In order to do what these companies claim, you would have to redesign the car. The major parts of how much fuel any car uses are: vehicle weight, tire size, rolling resistance, friction in moving parts, number of moving parts in the driveline, etc. There is nothing plug and play that can alter these basic factors.
If you’re thinking of reducing fuel consumption, Energy.GOV has a list of helpful fuel-saving tips including combining trips, stripping your car of unnecessary weight, keeping your car in tip-top shape, and how to avoid aggressive driving.
By themselves, each tip might not seem like a lot but, combined over time, the fuel-savings make a difference.
- Wendy is a fraud fighter whose contents mainly target online scams. Her investigations have appeared on Itisreviewed,and elsewhere. She spends her free time reading novels, binging on Netflix, and listening to hip-hop.
- SCAMS2023.02.03Cashtab.info Review: Is It A Scam or Can You Really Make $500 From Surveys?
- SCAMS2023.02.01Showtaggers.com Netflix Video Tagger Job: Why it’s a Scam
- PRODUCT REVIEW2023.01.26Steemselfe Green Tea Mask Reviews: Is It a Scam? DON’T Buy Before Reading This!
- SCAMS2023.01.26Joe & Jess Thwaite Mega Millions Donation Jackpot Scam Email 2023: Beware!