Were you referred to Digital Vin Automation for TVR papers by someone who wants to buy your car online? Beware the buyer is not genuine! This review exposes reasons why digitalvinautomation com is not a trustworthy website to check your vehicle history reports online.
Digital VIN Automation which is located at digitalvinautomation.com is a platform that claims to offer trusted vehicle reports, all from original source and more affordable than Carfax. However, during our investigations, we discovered something fishy about the website. Some of the red flags observed includes –
- The website hasn’t been operating for long. As you can see here, the website was registered on 10th April 2023.
- There’s no tangible information about the owner(s).
- No contact address or phone number
This is something you shouldn’t overlook. If you visit Carfax.com, the differences between the two sites is clear.
How Does The Digital VIN Automation Scam Works?
- a potential buyer of your car asks you to go to this site for your vehicle report
- when you tell the buyer you’ve a Carfax report, he’d insist you should get the vehicle report from Digital VIN Automation
- When you visit digitalvinautomation.com you’ll be required to pay $20 for the report.
- After payment, you’ll never receive anything.
Sounds like a petty scam right? I bet you think losing $20 is nothing to be worried about. But then, your credit card is at risk of being hacked. Especially if you paid directly on the site, or didn’t use PayPal.
So what should you do?
Always have it at the back of your mind that the real source of title and registration information about a car is the National Motor Vehicles Title Information System (NMVTIS), which you can reach through the US government’s vehiclehistory.com site.
Meanwhile, if your car is up for sale online, you should do the following :
- Go to one of the genuine agencies and purchase a report yourself. (You might pay as little as $10 and up to $50 for a detailed report)
- You can offer it as an incentive as part of your ad. (You’re more likely to attract serious buyers that way — and no scammer is likely to ask you for an alternative report)
digitalvinautomation.com is a viral scam targeting car owners online. The website is a fake vehicle history report site that fails to send the TVR papers after payments from car owners. Beware of car buyers who insist that you get your vehicle report from this website!
Meanwhile, if you’re thinking about using a vehicle history reporting company you don’t know, then check out their reputation online.
Just use their name and words like “complaint” or “scam” in a browser search to see if anyone else has encountered problems with them.
See similar vehicle history scam here
- Wendy is a fraud fighter whose contents mainly target online scams. Her investigations have appeared on Itisreviewed,and elsewhere. She spends her free time reading novels, binging on Netflix, and listening to hip-hop.
- SCAMS2023.06.09Irinaloc.com Reviews 2023: Scam Onlyfans Website? Find Out!
- ONLINE STORE SCAM2023.06.09Beenrenew.com Reviews: Is Beenrenew.com a Scam Macy’s Store or Legit?
- ONLINE STORE SCAM2023.06.09Shydg.online Reviews: Scam Store Impersonating Stanley Website!
- ONLINE STORE SCAM2023.06.09Runyule.online Reviews 2023: Fake Stanley Website! Avoid at all costs!