Have you gotten notice of debt from AFNI Collections? Are you wondering if it’s legit or scam? Fake or real? This review of Afni Collection Agency aims to answer the questions you have about the letters you’ve been receiving.
What is Afni Collections?
Afni Collections s is a legitimate credit collection company located at afnicollections.com. It was founded in 1936 and is currently headquartered in Midwest, US. So how does the platform works? they help companies collect debts, and receive their commission in the end. Phone calls, letters and text messages are ways they inform people that they have some unpaid debts.
It may show on your credit report under the following terms: “afni collections,” “afni collection payment,” ‘afni credit collection” etc.
This might make you panic as it can hurt your credit score and remain on your credit report for up to seven years regardless of whether you pay it or not. So what do you do in this case? Continue Reading!
Tips for dealing with Afni Collections (afnicollections.com);
- Record their phone calls. If you must deal with a debt collection agency on the phone, record them.
- You have the right to validate an alleged debt. Send the collection agency a debt validation letter. By law, they have 30 days to prove to you that the debt is really yours and the total amount is accurate.
- Credit Collection Services might not bring a Lawsuit against you, sue you, or garnish your wages. However, if they do, it can be a very scary experience.
- Negotiating a settlement on your own may not help your credit. Once a collection account is added to your credit report, your score will be damaged for seven years regardless of payment.
- Don’t ignore them. You can do things on your terms, but ignoring the situation will not make The credit Companies go away. Ignoring them sets you up for a possible lawsuit.
How To Remove Afni Collections From Your Credit Report
The best way to deal with Afni Collections is to work with a professional credit repair service. This is because nothing good can come from speaking to a collection agency on the phone. Sometimes, making payments on the collection account will reset the clock. So instead of helping your credit, it could make it worse. This is why you need a professional.
Professional credit repair service have deleted millions of negative items from companies like Afni Collections for millions of clients nationwide, and they can help you too.
On Consumeraffairs, Afni collections has 1 star ratings from displeased people. A lot of people seem to agree that it is a scam. Below, is what someone has to say about Afni debt collector-
I checked my credit report the other day and discovered these people on here. They’re trying to collect $1142 for ATT Mobility. I have never had an account with them in my name. My husband had an account with them years and years and years ago, with a $0 balance. We have called ATT and they can’t find anything. AFNI refuses to remove the debt or provide proof that the debt is ours, which I would like to see, just to help me figure out what is going on. So we will be hiring a lawyer to sue AFNI for the dent on my credit, time away from work and emotional distress.Courtney
Do you think it is true? What are your opinion about this debt collector? Have you received a call or letter even though you are not owing any company a dime? Please share your experience in the comment section.
See similar DCA