There is a fake Venmo hiring text scam being sent by scammers. The text message claims Venmo is hiring 5 people to work from home and recipients can make $500 per day.
The text message goes this way-
John TODAY on August 18th, Venmo is hiring 5 people to work from home. Make $500/day paid to your venmo account! http://homevenmo.com/yNRW8m9Trd
However, the link in the Venmo scam text message redirects visitors to spam, phishing, and malicious websites.
The websites trick visitors into buying unwanted services, steal their personal and financial information, and infect their computers or mobile devices with malicious apps or malware.
What Should You Do If You Receive Messages Like This
No matter how convincing it make sound, we advise you not to call the number or attempt to send a message to the number. This is because once you do so, they would find a way to convince you to send money or your personal information.
If you were tricked by the scam, please contact your bank for help.
Don’t forget to forward suspicious, malicious, or phishing email messages to us Here. Also, you can report scams, untrustworthy websites and tell us why you consider the websites fraudulent.
- Wendy is a fraud fighter whose contents mainly target online scams. Her investigations have appeared on Itisreviewed,and elsewhere. She spends her free time reading novels, binging on Netflix, and listening to hip-hop.
- ONLINE STORE REVIEWS2022.10.05Ticopas.com Reviews: Is Ticopas Scam or Legit Store to Buy Items?
- PRODUCT REVIEW2022.10.04Pro Power Save Reviews: Can It Really Reduce Your Electricity Bill?
- ONLINE STORE REVIEWS2022.10.04Xemsy.co Reviews: Is Xemsy $8 handheld Console Scam or Real Offer?
- PHISHING SCAMS2022.09.29David Ritchie Powerball Donation Lottery Scam 2022: Beware!