Have you received a package from the above address? You are not alone! A lot of people have received items they didn’t order from Joe Doe!
Who Is Joe Doe? And why is he sending packages you didn’t order?
With online scams springing up every day, we have taken the responsibility of reviewing products, stores, websites e.t.c in order to save you from making wrong decisions.
How Does This Scam Works?
The address ‘Joe Doe, Suite 111, 1140 River Road, New Castle, DE 19720’ is linked to a lot of fraudulent online stores. When you search the internet using the address, there are a lot of complaints and scam warnings linked to the address.
So why did you receive an item when you didn’t order any?
The truth is that you might have ordered for an item online, either recently or in the past. And So your personal Information was stored and is been used!
If you checked the reviews from people who received package from Joe Doe, most of them had shopped from unpopular online stores, and received pieces of junks instead.
Like this person below-
Should You Be Worried About This?
Yes, you should!
This scam is called brushing, and it has been popping up all over the world ever since the birth of e-commerce.
Often, the items received are lightweight and inexpensive to ship, such as ping pong balls, or more recently, face masks or seeds from China”
The retailers sending these items are either doing it to amass positive reviews (buying it themselves and leaving reviews), to increase their sales numbers (yes they sent it out to you for free, they however know that people may likely return it).
Why it’s bad news for you
The fact that someone was able to have the items sent to you as if you purchased them indicates that they probably have some of your personal information such as your name, address, and possibly, your phone number. Once the information is out there on the internet, it could be used for numerous crooked enterprises.
What You Should Do About This Scam!
- In cases were the packages come with an address or phone number you should notify the retailer. Especially if it is from known stores like Amazon.
- Change your account passwords. This may be a sign that personal information has been compromised and to improve account security, keep a close eye on credit reports and credit card bills.
- You are allowed to keep the merchandise. The Federal Trade Commission says you have a legal right to keep unordered merchandise.
Scammed? See Different Types Of Online Scam Formats
In this era of internet made easy, it is no surprise that online scams keep springing up daily. In a bid to earn more, with little or zero stress, we have find ourselves clamoring for the easy life; Ecommerce, Work from Home jobs, Investing, e.t.c
As a result of this crave, some people decided to capitalize on these wants. Recreating platforms that mirror our heart desires. Thus, we now have;
Ecommerce Scams: Well designed online stores, luring us with bonus, free shipping, and even unbelievable discounts- Buckramce, Peerot, Khuki e.t.c
Investment Scams: Allegedly Investment platforms that promise to double your funds within a twinkle of an eye- CryptoWorld e.t.c
Email Scams: The people behind this kind of scam send you mails claiming you have won lottery. They might also claim they have an order for you. ATT, Phone Fraud e.t.c
Phishing Scams: These lots might come with the ‘Earn $300 daily from home’ format, or ‘Complete a task or survey and win Big’
Goodwill Scams: They might tell you to donate for a cause, Coronavirus Aid or even the Australia Fire outbreak
What these scams have in common is this goal- To dupe you of your hard earned money. Often times they might look like the real deal. Also, you might stumble on an Ad from them either on Youtube or Facebook. This in no way mean they are legit.
How To Avoid Being Scammed Online
- Make Proper Research Before buying anything online. Can the product be gotten at a known and trusted website?
- Don’t Allow the lucrative offers let you lower your guard.
- Search For Customer reviews or users reviews online.
- Don’t Share Your credit card details to strangers or people you can not vouch for.
- Be wary of emails you receive. Don’t be in a haste to reply mails from unknown contact.
- Don’t panic when you receive a ‘Blackmail’ message.
- Wendy is a fraud fighter whose contents mainly target online scams. Her investigations have appeared on Itisreviewed,and elsewhere. She spends her free time reading novels, binging on Netflix, and listening to hip-hop.
- ONLINE STORE REVIEWS2023.06.05Thesofthug.com Reviews 2023: Is Softhug Blanket a Scam?
- PRODUCT REVIEW2023.06.05Aqua Pulse Water Gun Reviews: Scam or Legit Water Blaster?
- PRODUCT REVIEW2023.06.04Aqua Pulse Water Blaster Reviews: Scam Electric Water Gun or Legit?
- ONLINE STORE SCAM2023.06.04Wild-ant.com Review: Fake Bed Bath & Beyond Website!
the item that arrived is not what i ordered need to return for credit
Where do you complain to Joe Doe Joe Doe
I requested a pair of sandals Nr. 38, and I received Nr. 40.
I like to return this pair of sandals and to receive Nr. 38 OR I LIKE TO RETURN FOR CREDIT. ANDTO HAVE BACK MONEY PAID..
Let me know which will be OK with you:
Expect your answer in 24 hours.
I saw that my comment was approved.
What do you mean?
Which is the status of my request?
You will send to me another pair of sandals (Nr. 38), or send to me the Refund?
When I can have close this transaction in one or another way?
I like to return the sandals Nr. 40 received, Where I will return?
Expect today an answer to my question!
March 10, 2021
The shirt I purchased is sized weird. I would like to return .. Please give me credit I expect to hear from you in 24 hours.
Also I need return information.
I order two pants set jacket and pants I got one set the order was just the jacket no pants and the jacket was a small the sets both was supposed to be large
I would like to return how can I do that or get my money back
I need to get refunded for 2 hair toppers that is totally different from what I orderd…help
I ordered a puppy alive it dosent do what they said . And had a broken foot .
The Shoes , that I ordered are to Narrow and to small . They are shipped direct from China with that Joe Doe Adresse . Of course you can’t return them and once again you are scamed .
I ORDERED wide SHOES. i GOT REGULAR WIDTH AND THE COLOR IS INCORRECT. I ORDERED GREY/BLUE AND GOT GREY/TURQUOISE. Oops! Didn’t know my caps lock was on.
I ordered two dresses they have my bank information and I don’t want the dresses what can I do
I saw an advertisement on Facebook for 3 wigs*I was sent three wigs of a different type that I didn’t order with no contact information on how to return I paid $59 for those wigs and on the front of the label it shows $12.99 for the items total scam.
I want to return a dish rack that is much to small for my sink. Please inform me how to do this and have my money refunded.