You must have found out by now that the Ma Cookie Settlement notice is not a scam. The report on Scamadviser and macookiesettlement.com shows the legitimacy of the settlement. Still, is submitting a claim worth it at the end of the day?
First of all, participating in the settlement is Non-obligatory, you can either submit a claim or totally ignore the notice. So what happens when you submit a claim? Being a participants of some class action lawsuits, I’ve decided to paint the picture to you.
This is What Happens when you submit a Claim at macookiesettlement.com:
After submitting the claim, you’d be sent mails that would keep you abreast of the case. On January 8th 2022, the judges would come to a final conclusion and hearing of the case. If they decide on the favor of the Plaintiffs ( John Doe and Jane Doe ), it means the Defendants will pay $18.4 million.
However, all the money wouldn’t go to you – the claimants. The bulk of the settlement fund would go to the attorney ( a whopping 33% of the Settlement fund), then some to the Representative Plaintiffs ( not more than 3,500$ each), and some for costs and expenses, etc.
So at the end of the day you’re bound to receive $100 or thereabouts. Why that is far from being peanuts, we’re talking about data breech here. It’s like having your personal information robbed, while the culprits ( massgeneralbrigham.org, massgeneral.org, brighamandwomens.org, and dana-farber.org.) receive a slight pat on the back.
See what other claimants have to say here
What do you think about the settlement? Please leave your comment below.
- Wendy is a fraud fighter whose contents mainly target online scams. Her investigations have appeared on Itisreviewed,and elsewhere. She spends her free time reading novels, binging on Netflix, and listening to hip-hop.
- SCAMS2023.02.03Cashtab.info Review: Is It A Scam or Can You Really Make $500 From Surveys?
- SCAMS2023.02.01Showtaggers.com Netflix Video Tagger Job: Why it’s a Scam
- PRODUCT REVIEW2023.01.26Steemselfe Green Tea Mask Reviews: Is It a Scam? DON’T Buy Before Reading This!
- SCAMS2023.01.26Joe & Jess Thwaite Mega Millions Donation Jackpot Scam Email 2023: Beware!