If you received a IPS1204762 parcel text notification, read this to know what to do.
The text message claims your parcel has been stopped for unpaid customs fees and you should proceed to a website. Do not be deceived!
The websites is suspicious and even malicious.
The text message goes this way-
From IEIPS-SMS: “016448296GB
We tried to deliver your parcel IPS1204762, but there is an unpaid customs fee. Please follow the instructions here: 08o.me/Xw1OZ”
So far we have received the fake messages from the following telephone numbers:
- 44 7541 935901
- (216) 532-9084
You shouldn’t click on it! It’s very dangerous, you might lose your personal information by clicking on such links from random text. It is likely a scam, because lots of people got such messages at the same time.
And we have written about similar text scams here and here
What Should You Do If You Receive Messages Like This
No matter how convincing it make sound, we advise you not to call the number or click the link, or attempt to send a message to the number. This is because once you do so, they would find a way to convince you to send money or your personal information.
If you were tricked by the scam, please contact your bank for help.
Don’t forget to forward suspicious, malicious, or phishing email messages to us Here. Also, you can report scams, untrustworthy websites and tell us why you consider the websites fraudulent.
- Wendy is a fraud fighter whose contents mainly target online scams. Her investigations have appeared on Itisreviewed,and elsewhere. She spends her free time reading novels, binging on Netflix, and listening to hip-hop.
- ONLINE STORE REVIEWS2023.06.05Thesofthug.com Reviews 2023: Is Softhug Blanket a Scam?
- PRODUCT REVIEW2023.06.05Aqua Pulse Water Gun Reviews: Scam or Legit Water Blaster?
- PRODUCT REVIEW2023.06.04Aqua Pulse Water Blaster Reviews: Scam Electric Water Gun or Legit?
- ONLINE STORE SCAM2023.06.04Wild-ant.com Review: Fake Bed Bath & Beyond Website!
Same happened to me IPS instead of UPS BE WARE