Have you been scammed by an online store using [email protected]? You are not alone! A lot of people have fallen prey to these scammers. However, I have good news for you!
You can get your money back, and also be informed how this scam works.
How Does This Scam Works?
Like many fraudulent online stores, this scam uses social media as a bait to get their victims. They advertise items for cheap discounts, but send something different and far cheaper when a customer orders.
Instead of a laptop mobile desk, you’d receive cheap watch. Instead of a scooter, you get a walking cane. On and on it goes!
Most times, buyers don’t receive anything at all.
This scam uses different Facebook Ads and different websites such as –Vipfitness, Vipcuzn, Sellwell, Ukshop, Esbikesonline, Flashroenbike, and many more.
So, how do you catch these thieves?
Unfortunately for now, there is no way to catch them, as they have taken extra measures to remain anonymous.
However, what you should know is this- Any online store that uses ‘[email protected]’ as its email address is officially a fraudulent store.
Have You Been Scammed? To Get Your Money Back!
Shopping from this store exposes customers to the risk of hacked credit card and overcharged fees. Also, customers would either receive an inferior item, a different cheaper item, or nothing at all.
You should contact your bank and request for a new credit (debit) card. On the other hand, if you used Paypal as a method of payment, you should document (screenshot) the transactions for future purposes.
It is true that online shopping has made life easier, however when ordering things online check out the following-
How old is the website? Does it provide return address? Are there customer reviews online? Do the social media icons work?
Always remember you can get the items from trusted sellers on Amazon, like the ones provided above. One of the advantages of shopping from amazon is the return policy.
Scammed? See Different Types Of Online Scam Formats
In this era of internet made easy, it is no surprise that online scams keep springing up daily. In a bid to earn more, with little or zero stress, we have find ourselves clamoring for the easy life; Ecommerce, Work from Home jobs, Investing, e.t.c
As a result of this crave, some people decided to capitalize on these wants. Recreating platforms that mirror our heart desires. Thus, we now have;
Ecommerce Scams: Well designed online stores, luring us with bonus, free shipping, and even unbelievable discounts- Buckramce, Peerot, Khuki e.t.c
Investment Scams: Allegedly Investment platforms that promise to double your funds within a twinkle of an eye- CryptoWorld e.t.c
Email Scams: The people behind this kind of scam send you mails claiming you have won lottery. They might also claim they have an order for you. ATT, Phone Fraud e.t.c
Phishing Scams: These lots might come with the ‘Earn $300 daily from home’ format, or ‘Complete a task or survey and win Big’
Goodwill Scams: They might tell you to donate for a cause, Coronavirus Aid or even the Australia Fire outbreak
What these scams have in common is this goal- To dupe you of your hard earned money. Often times they might look like the real deal. Also, you might stumble on an Ad from them either on Youtube or Facebook. This in no way mean they are legit.
How To Avoid Being Scammed Online
- Make Proper Research Before buying anything online. Can the product be gotten at a known and trusted website?
- Don’t Allow the lucrative offers let you lower your guard.
- Search For Customer reviews or users reviews online.
- Don’t Share Your credit card details to strangers or people you can not vouch for.
- Be wary of emails you receive. Don’t be in a haste to reply mails from unknown contact.
- Don’t panic when you receive a ‘Blackmail’ message.
- Wendy is a fraud fighter whose contents mainly target online scams. Her investigations have appeared on Itisreviewed,and elsewhere. She spends her free time reading novels, binging on Netflix, and listening to hip-hop.
- ONLINE STORE REVIEWS2023.05.27Mazalti.com Reviews: Is Mazalti Scam Jewelry Store Ripping Off Buyers?
- ONLINE STORE SCAM2023.05.27Echt-au.com Reviews 2023: Echt-AU Scam Revealed!
- REVIEWS2023.05.24Is Gonift Scam? Here’s my Experience Using Nift gift card on gonift.com
- SCAMS2023.05.23Harbor Freight Winner Scam Email 2023: Fake Tools Giveaway!