I stumbled across a couple of videos on TikTok with the title ‘August 27’, and just like you, I’ve been wondering what happens on August 27th.
This led me to do some investigations on my own.
Turns out, the whole trend started on July 6, 2020, when TikTok user @stfusamantha posted a video. The video utilized an interesting filter that gave the video a slightly spooky feel with deep blues and bright yellow eyes.
The message seemed to freak people out and the video at time of publication had more than 5 million plays. Everyone was curious what happens on Aug. 27, but it turns out – nothing?
The video wasn’t made to point to anything specific. @stfusamantha was just trying to make a fun video, and this she explained when a lot of people asked.
So, stop freaking out! August 27 is not another dooms day.
- Wendy is a fraud fighter whose contents mainly target online scams. Her investigations have appeared on Itisreviewed,and elsewhere. She spends her free time reading novels, binging on Netflix, and listening to hip-hop.
- SCAMS2023.02.03Cashtab.info Review: Is It A Scam or Can You Really Make $500 From Surveys?
- SCAMS2023.02.01Showtaggers.com Netflix Video Tagger Job: Why it’s a Scam
- PRODUCT REVIEW2023.01.26Steemselfe Green Tea Mask Reviews: Is It a Scam? DON’T Buy Before Reading This!
- SCAMS2023.01.26Joe & Jess Thwaite Mega Millions Donation Jackpot Scam Email 2023: Beware!