The “Tata 100th Anniversary” Facebook post that claims Tata Motors is giving away gifts to celebrate their 100th anniversary is a scam Read this review to find out why this is another Facebook scam.
TATA 100th anniversary celebration gifts – Scam or Legit?
Tata ( the automobile manufacturing company in India) was founded in 1868. This makes it 153 years old, not 100 as mentioned in the Facebook post. This prove that the viral Facebook post is fake.
The Tata 100th Anniversary Giveaway Works this way-
You only have to visit TATASUMSUNG.BUZZ to claim your prize.
This might look so convincing, and make you think that your dreams are about to be realized. Hey! rejoice not, the Tata 100th Anniversary Scam is the new scam round the block. As you can see the link does not come from tata.com. This is another sign that it is a fake message
This review is going to show you how this scam works.
Tata 100th Anniversary Scam- How It Works!
The free gift post is being sent out by scammers. This is a bait to trick you into believing you have won a gift from Tata. The Tata Anniversay Scam text has a malicious link attached to it which you are expected to click in order to claim your prize. But this is where the scam begins.
The link is a malicious one and is already flagged down by some strong browsers. When you visit it, it sends a malware to your phone, which tries to steal your personal and financial information or your credit card pin.
The scammers are however not intelligent. Some of the people who received the text message have never shopped from Tata, and have never applied for a freebie online.
When we made enquiry with Tata Motors on Facebook, we were told they were running no such prize, thus it is not legitimate.
What Should You Do If You Receive Phishing Texts Like This
No matter how convincing it sounds, you shouldn’t visit the link or links attached to such messages/mails or send your personal information.
The first thing you should do is ignore such messages, and look for reviews online about it.
Always remember that Legitimate companies do not ask their winners to send money or personal information in order to collect their prizes.
- Wendy is a fraud fighter whose contents mainly target online scams. Her investigations have appeared on Itisreviewed,and elsewhere. She spends her free time reading novels, binging on Netflix, and listening to hip-hop.
- SCAMS2023.02.03Cashtab.info Review: Is It A Scam or Can You Really Make $500 From Surveys?
- SCAMS2023.02.01Showtaggers.com Netflix Video Tagger Job: Why it’s a Scam
- PRODUCT REVIEW2023.01.26Steemselfe Green Tea Mask Reviews: Is It a Scam? DON’T Buy Before Reading This!
- SCAMS2023.01.26Joe & Jess Thwaite Mega Millions Donation Jackpot Scam Email 2023: Beware!