Getdronetech.com is a fake footwear store and a scam targeting online shoppers. It lures buyers with huge discounts and stock offers, receives payments for different drones but fails to deliver the items and respond to customers mails.
The first red flag of this scam store is there s no business address provided on this website. This indicates that the people behind this store are hiding its true nature. This is worrisome as customers wouldn’t be able to contact the store when any issue arises. Also, there’s the problem of not knowing where the items are coming from.
Table of Contents
Why Should You Trust Us?
We are SabiReviews, a team of experts grounded in cybersecurity. We work round the clock investigating and exposing shady products, websites, phishing texts, and other kind of scams. In this review, Scholar, sheds a light on the Getdronetech Scam, the hidden lies behind the store, and how to get your money back from the dishonest website.
Getdronetech Red Flags: Reasons Why You Should Not Shop From Getdronetech.com
Getdronetech.com already has bad reputation online. Some customer that shopped from it left some review on Trustpilot calling it a scam. A customer said they are about to debit her huge sum of money.
See reviews below-
I purchased a dronemotion lite 4K from their website on 12th December 2023, it claimed delivery 2-5 working days. It arrived 28th December 2023 faulty, not as described. Despite spending hours going through the setup videos and checking everything we could it didn’t work properly.
1. the 4k camera was in fact 1080p
2. the GPS didn’t work at all
3. the wind resistance did nothing
4. the camera was upside down
5. half the buttons on the controller didn’t work.
After days emailing the company and responding to their repetitive requests for information, they stopped answering. I decided to contact my bank to report this as fraud. Their Trust pilot rating on their website says 4.8/5.0., they claim to be a UK company, and their support is non-existent.Susie
Stolen Product Images
The products displayed on Getdronetech.com aren’t original. The faces of the models have been cropped out. Meanwhile other images have poor resolution which is quite common with scam stores.
No Real Customer Reviews
The store has not provided an option for customers to leave a review on the website. This is worrisome and an indicator that the owner of Getdronetech.com do not have genuine intentions.
Recently Registered Website
The domainGetdronetech.com’ was registered on 15th February 2023. This means the website has been open for many years. Yet, the store has no reputation and could easily shut down any time.
Poor Customer Support
Getdronetech.com has not provided a working email with which they can be reached. There is no email address provided. Moreover, there is no phone number provided.
How The Getdronetech Scam Store Operates
- Displays Unrealistic Discounts on Social Media Ads – The scam store uses massive discounts on Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok and even YouTube, to attract unsuspecting buyers.
- Creates a False Sense of Product Scarcity – The limited-time offers is just another trick to increase sales. There’s really no time limit. When the stipulate time ends, the count down timer starts from beginning.
- Convinces Buyers with Fake Reviews – On social media there are comments and reviews from fake profiles posing as satisfied customers.
- Scams Customers and Absconds – After getting people to place an order, the scammers either deliver an inferior product or nothing at all. When customers try to contact the store, it’s always unsuccessful.
Consequences of Shopping From Getdronetech
- Non-delivery of purchased items
- Inferior Quality
- Exposes you to identity theft & credit card fraud
- No Return/Refund Policy
Steps To Take For Possible Refunds
The only way to get a refund from this merchant is to do the following;
- request a chargeback with your credit card issuer.
- Include supporting documents, such as copies of a receipt, invoice, and any communications you had with the merchant.
- Anticipate that the dispute can last up to 90 days or two billing cycles, whichever is shorter.
Protecting Yourself From The Getdronetech.com Scam
When you submit your name, address, and credit card details on the scam store, your identity and financial details is at risk. In order to avoid this, update your passwords, enable two-factor authentication, and monitor your bank statement for any unusual activity. If you detect any suspicious transaction, contact your bank and place a credit freeze on your account.
Reporting Getdronetech.com For Fraudulent Online Trading
If you’ve shopped from this store and either received an inferior product, nothing at all, or credit charges, you should report the scam to relevant authorities like:
- Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3): If you are in the United States, you can file a complaint with the IC3 at https://www.ic3.gov/.
- Your Local Consumer Protection Agency: Contact your local consumer protection agency or the equivalent regulatory body in your country.
- Better Business Bureau (BBB): File a complaint with the BBB if the online store is based in the United States.
How To Easily Identify a Scam Website
Aside from the obvious too good to be true discount sale, here are other ways to identify a scam website;
Recently Registered Website
How old is the website? The domain age of a website tells a lot about a store’s legitimacy or transparency. Websites below 6 months old are often considered unsafe. You can find out a website’s age by checking on Who.is ( a free domain checker tool)
Website Lacks SSL Encryption
Find out if the website is secured with SSL encryption. (https and padlock symbols). If the padlock symbol doesn’t appear near the website’s URL, then it means your personal and financial information is at risk at the store.
No Business Address/ Fake Business Address
Does The website provide return address? If Yes (Copy the address and paste on your browser. Google map would show if it is a real warehouse address or a residential address) If the address has also been used by other websites you’d see reviews in search results.
No Reviews Online
Are there customer reviews online? (It is advised that you sit it out if there are no customer reviews of the store. However if you’re not patient enough to wait you can send a mail to us to verify if the store is legit)
Shady or No Returns and Refund policy
If the policy isn’t available or if it isn’t clear, you should quit shopping.
Unsecure methods of Payment
When an online store’s payment methods lack the necessary encryption and security measures to protect customers’ sensitive financial information, it puts you – the shopper at risk of unauthorized transactions.
At first glance Getdronetech.com appears to be a legit online store. But in reality, it is a scam website that fails to deliver items purchased or reply customer mails. As a result of this, we do not recommend shopping from the store.