Thirdly, when I finished answering the questionnaire, I was told I won Apple iPhone 14 pro 256GB, but I’ve to share the link to 5 group or 20 friends on Whatsapp, before I can claim my prize.
This is where the scam comes in
By sharing the link on Facebook or WhatsApp, you’ve given the scammers access to your social media account. Of course, you wouldn’t receive the giveaway prize as it is not real. Rather you’ve made your Facebook or WhatsApp account vulnerable to being hacked by scammers.
This kind of scam is not new. It is a typical bait and switch scam, where scammers lure you in with giveaway or freebies but then trick you with either shipping fee or confirmation fee. In fact, Twitter has reported to have had scammers that earned around $145 recently by scamming people and tricking them into fake giveaways by hacking into high end company accounts and making it seem like they hosted them.
What To Do If You Fell For The Scam
If you fell for the Amazon Mother’s day giveaway 2023 scam there’s no need to panic. The first thing you should do is clear your browser cookies, then you can use your phone’s anti malware tool to scan for any virus. You should also enable two-factor authentication. Don’t know how to do that? follow the steps written here or Search Google for how to do that. Take extra measures to ensure the scammers can’t get in. Thirdly, If you’ve already shared the link to your friends, you should call or chat them up telling them it’s a scam and not real Amazon giveaway.
Meanwhile, if you’ve already submitted your personal or financial information, you should call your bank or credit card company and block your credit card. Meanwhile, if you gave the scammers any access to your Paypal, Venmo, Cash App, Zelle, etc., contact the company and secure your account.
See similar Giveaway scams – Amazon Package Loyalty Reward, UKPepsi Lottery Scam, Eyeverify, Bath$Body Coupon, Amazon Airpods Raffle Scam, and many more.
- Wendy is a fraud fighter whose contents mainly target online scams. Her investigations have appeared on Itisreviewed,and elsewhere. She spends her free time reading novels, binging on Netflix, and listening to hip-hop.
- SCAMS2023.06.09Irinaloc.com Reviews 2023: Scam Onlyfans Website? Find Out!
- ONLINE STORE SCAM2023.06.09Beenrenew.com Reviews: Is Beenrenew.com a Scam Macy’s Store or Legit?
- ONLINE STORE SCAM2023.06.09Shydg.online Reviews: Scam Store Impersonating Stanley Website!
- ONLINE STORE SCAM2023.06.09Runyule.online Reviews 2023: Fake Stanley Website! Avoid at all costs!