Have you received a text message that claims you Paid $2199.99 for Canon E0S R6-HD-Camera on Amazon and you should call 08 7200-7080 for dispute ‘? Read this review to find out what you should do next.
0872007080 AMZ Canon Camera Dispute – Scam or Legit?
We have been receiving mails from readers, bearing screenshots of texts claiming they should call helpline 0872007080 to dispute an order for Canon camera on Amazon.
The text goes like this-
Confirmed: You Paid $2199.99 for Canon E0S R6-HD-Camera on 2O21-O5-O3, AMZ#84014120RV9.Help-line 08 7200 7080 For dispute.
This might look so convincing, and make you think that your Amazon account has been hacked. Hey! do not panic! the text message is just a bait by the scammers.
This review is going to show you how this scam works.
08 7200-7080 AMZ Canon Camera Dispute Scam – How It Works!
The text message is being sent out by scammers. This is a bait to trick you into believing that your Amazon account has been hacked. Th text has a phone number attached to it which you are expected to call in order to cancel the order. But this is where the scam begins.
The phone number is a malicious one and is already flagged down by some scam detectors as can be seen here. When you call the number you’d be convinced the speaker is from Amazon helpline, but it is all fake.
These scammers would tell you to send them a code that you just received in your phone. When you do so, they’ll attempt to change your password, and take control of your Amazon account.
What Should You Do If You Receive Phishing Texts Like This
No matter how convincing it sounds, you shouldn’t visit the link or links attached to such messages/mails or send your personal information. You shouldn’t call the phone number or send a text message.
The first thing you should do is ignore such messages, and look for reviews online about it.
Also, don’t forget to place two factor authentication on your Amazon account. Don’t know how to do it? read the guidelines here.
- Wendy is a fraud fighter whose contents mainly target online scams. Her investigations have appeared on Itisreviewed,and elsewhere. She spends her free time reading novels, binging on Netflix, and listening to hip-hop.
- SCAMS2022.11.228055198860 Online Banking Alert Text: Why It’s a Scam
- ONLINE STORE REVIEWS2022.11.21Hesdca Reviews: Is Hesdca Amazon Pallet a Scam? Honest Review & Warning!
- ONLINE STORE REVIEWS2022.11.20Is Fabluarant a Scam Store? Honest Review & Warnings
- SCAMS2022.11.20Aldi £50 Voucher For Facebook Share Scam 2022: Busted! Beware!